Monday, September 12, 2016

Copper Steampunk Card

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/243707635/digital-stamp-printable-coloring-page?ref=shop_home_active_36
http://nikkiburnette.com/
The current sponsor of Crafting from the Heart is Nikki Burnette. The image I chose for my Design Team inspirational card is Copper.

I used Copic Markers, Recollection Metallic gold pen, Gelly Roll Metallic gold and Red Star pens and Sizzix Gadget Gears Bigz Die to design with card.

After coloring this wonderful image using Copic markers, I copied and printed it directly from my Epson Printer. I loved the resulting print, which now has a slight reddish look to it. As a result I used the print to make this steampunk card. I'll save the original in case I want more in the future!

I cut the printed image out and used soft pads to adhere it to a gold metallic card stock, which was then glued to a black card base. I used my Cuddlebug Die Cutting Machine to cut a gear from silver metallic card stock and cut part away. I glued the piece of gear to the top left corner of the card to balance the card design.

I hope my card has encouraged you to take part in the challenge at Crafting from the Heart where anything goes.
Challenges: