Monday, September 19, 2011

Donate Holiday Cards to Our Service Men and Women!

Did you know 50% of our troops go with out a Christmas greeting? I'm on a mission, Michaels Craft Store's and EK Success have teamed up to get 170K of handmade or (not) Christmas Cards to send to our Troops.
I have placed a basket in the classroom at Michael's in Palm Coast, Fl. for anyone who would like to help us reach our goal. We are asking for a Christmas card/with envelope and if you would write a Christmas greeting or a word of thanks it would go a long way. I need these by the end of Oct. You can take a card making class at Michaels or donate one or more of your own designs. 
A great project for a girl/boy scout troop, book club, bunco group, women's group, Sunday school class and more. Drop off at Michael's Palm Coast, Fl. by Oct. 31. All faith are welcome!

6 comments:

Erika said...

What a wonderful idea! I will mention on my blog as well.

And thank you for participating in the It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising.

Erika

Carla's Cards said...

Thanks Erika, if you don't live near Palm Coast, Fl., check your own nearby Michaels!

PaperVine said...

These cards look fabulous - and such a worth cause.

I am having a scrapbook giveaway on my blog at the moment - drop by and visit!

Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Carla's Cards said...

Thanks Lowri! They were fun to do too!

Unknown said...

I am here from the blog hop and now a new follower thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get a chance. Thanks so very much and have a great weekend.

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Mindie Hilton said...

Wonderful charity idea. What a way to spread some Christmas cheer. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.