Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/2001 - We Will Never Forget

No, we will not forget!
We moved to Florida in August of 1998 from New York. But New Yorkers we will always be! 
That morning I was sleeping late, but the phone rang. My friend Vickie called and said turn on the TV and I saw the second plane hit the building. I knew right away this wasn't an accident, we were under attack! But what do we do now? I had an appointment to work on the planning of the local art fest. I got up, dressed and got moving. At the appointed time the meeting was held, we weren't sure if the art fest should go along as planned. We called our contacts with the armed services bands that were to give concerts during the festival weekend event. They said to hold the fest as usual and go a head with the plans. It was only weeks away. 
We held the art fest, people arrived in good numbers, service bands played and throughout the fest grounds you could hear recorded patriotic music. My husband had loaned his Lee Greenwood tape and all day you could hear "God Bless the USA."

The story my husband made the online local paper. You can go to:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/reports/community/in-your-own-words/2011/09/10/sandy-brooke-palm-coast.html

No comments: